The Losi Promoto-MX isn’t the first scale RC motorcycle that’s ever been sold. But it is the very first one that accurately reproduces the full experience — and pure fun — of riding a real motorcycle. It’s the long-awaited dream of RC hobbyists and dirt bike fans alike.
The unprecedented realism of the Promoto-MX goes much deeper than its faithfully detailed looks — the narrow frame, rider gear, and officially licensed graphics. Even more impressive is how successfully it captures true dirt bike performance, a breakthrough accomplished through a unique hybrid of mechanical and electronic technology developed specifically for the Promoto-MX. It’s how these technologies work together that makes all the difference.
Promoto-MX electronics include a 2700Kv motor and steel flywheel that are both mounted in the center of the frame. The motor spins the flywheel at over 22,000 rpm to create a gyroscopic force for unparalleled stability. Meanwhile, patent-pending Spektrum MS6X technology takes your input from the DX3PM transmitter and commands the Promoto-MX to lean, turn, and control wheelies with unprecedented balance and finesse.
The mechanical technology is equally impressive. Losi’s product development team studied full-size motorcycle suspension geometry to give the Promoto-MX the same terrain handling characteristics. A rising rate rear suspension provides superior grip and prevents bottoming out in landings. The completely innovative front fork design, with an internal spring and dampener, can be tuned by changing the silicone dampening fluid and also allows ride height adjustments. An innovative front and rear wheel braking system gives the bike impressive stopping power, cutting the stopping distance in half compared to rear brake only.
Both technologies, electronic and mechanical, are why the Promoto-MX performs better at high and low speeds than any previous RC motorcycle. For dirt bike fans, the “feel” of the Promoto-MX will be instantly familiar. RC car enthusiasts will discover a new way to drive that pulls you deep into the heart of the action — carving berms, skimming whoops, holding wheelies, and throwing roost.
Finally. An RC dirt bike that really works! Anytime and anywhere, just grab your Losi Promoto-MX, get in the zone, commit to your line, and begin to be the bike.
- The best-looking and best-performing RC dirt bike ever made
- Innovative, patent-pending Spektrum MS6X technology
- Frame-integrated, high-RPM flywheel
- Officially licensed FXR Racing graphics and rider gear
- Officially licensed Dunlop MX53 tires
- Rising rate rear suspension
- Powerful brushless system with 40+ mph speeds
- Dirt, Street, and Wheelie Control drive modes
- Collapsible front crash structure
- Realistic rider figure with authentic riding gear
- Functional, cable-driven front disc brake
- Chain drive with dual disc performance slipper clutch
- Hands-free starting stand included
- Keyed bike stand included
- Fully assembled and ready-to-run — only battery and charger required
In The Box
- (1) Losi Promoto-MX RTR Motorcycle
- (1) Spektrum Smart DX3PM Transmitter
- (4) AA Transmitter Batteries
- (1) Bike Stand
- (1) Starting Stand
- (1) 1/4 Promoto-MX Motorcycle Manual
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) Chain Lube
- Tuning Parts
- Fork and Shock Tools
Needed to Complete
- (1) 2S 7.4V 5000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
The gyroscopic stabilization force created by its heavy steel flywheel — spinning at over 22,000 rpm with the 2700Kv motor — does wonders for the motorcycle’s stability. Mounted as low and as far forward as possible in the frame, the flywheel unit enables the Promoto-MX to pivot around its center point to improve jumping, changes of direction, and the accuracy of the bike’s performance
Don’t worry if the front tire washes out on loose dirt. The lean bars are ready to catch it. They’ll keep the Promoto-MX from going over its maximum lean angle, helping push it back upright to straighten out and exit the turn. The lean bars have adjustable stops for up and down travel, so you can dial in the bike for any surface or grip level. They also often help with crash recovery when the rear tire has traction. If the bike is down on the track, simply hit the throttle to stand it upright and resume driving.
With 8-pounds rapidly powering down the track, it takes quite a stiff servo saver spring setup to properly guide the Promoto-MX into the next turn. Like anything heavily sprung, the best way to control the strong springs is to dampen the movement. A key development for the Promoto-MX is a fluid-filled friction chamber between the upper and lower head tube bearings. The chamber is filled with heavy 500,000cSt which dampens the servo saver well and helps to control any possible “head shake.”
REALISTIC RIDER FIGURE
Complete with boots, brain bucket, and riding gear, the rider figure is ready for all of the same dirt bike-style action as you — to jump, wheelie, carve berms, and throw roost. The rider figures of other RC motorcycles are made entirely of foam, which quickly fails. The Promoto-MX rider has a rubberized plastic exterior that can give and flex under impacts and flips. To keep the rider from bobbling around on the bike, the torso has a foam insert. It keeps the body firm during normal operation but still able to give under impact.
Its realistic, true-spoke wheels are another first for the Promoto-MX. No other RC manufacturers have been able to create proper-looking spoked wheels with the durability needed for a dirt bike. It took the determination and expertise of the Losi product development team to make it happen.
REALISTIC CHAIN DRIVE
We could not call the Promoto-MX a dirt bike if wasn’t chain driven. Steel links and 70 roller pins wrap around a 10-tooth steel drive sprocket and a 36-tooth aluminum hub sprocket. Regardless of conditions, the chain drive will drive the rear tire efficiently and reliably.
- Battery Sold Separately
- Connector Type IC5
- Ground Clearance 2.9 in (73mm)
- Internal Gear Ratio 4.8:1
- Motor Size 540
- Product Length 20.2″ (513 mm)
- Spur Gear 50T
- Suspension Front Fork, Rising Rate Rear Suspension
- Wheel Width Front – 1.1 in (28mm), Rear – 1.4 in (36.3mm)
- Ball Bearings Full Ball Bearings
- Chassis 3mm Aluminum Plate
- Vehicle Size Standard
- Product Width 10.8″ (274 mm)
- Completion Level Ready-To-Run
- Drivetrain 1WD
- Product Height 17.3″ (439 mm)
- Tire Compound 65S
- Approximate Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour
- Body Color Molded Panels with Wrap Graphics
- Brakes Front – Cable Driven Piston/Caliper/Rotor, Rear – Motor Braking
- Pinion 20T
- Scale 1/4
- Product Weight 123.5oz (3500g)
- Tire Tread Dunlop Geomax MX53
- Vehicle Type Motorcycle
- Final Drive Ratio 12.0:1
- Motor Type Brushless
- Speed Control Included
- Charger Sold Separately
- Receiver Included
- Shock Type 16mm Big Bore Aluminum Shock
- Radio Included
- Technology AVC and SMART, MS6X
- Power Type Electric
- Gear Pitch 32-Pitch
- Servos Included