Rally cars are always an exciting subject, accomplished both on asphalt and flat dirt, and Tamiya is delighted to announce the addition of another to our R/C kits: the Volkswagen Golf MK2, depicting a car which became the champion of the A7 class in 1986 global rally race. (Group A is for cars with over four seats which had productions of over 2,500 during successive 12 months, and A7 meant cars which featured 1,601 – 2,000cc. )
This car was powered by a 1,781cc inline 4-cylinder 4-stroke gasoline engine capable of 195hp.
About the Model
- This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 397mm, width: 170mm, height: 142mm. Wheelbase: 239mm (L-size wheelbase).
- The classic form of the Volkswagen Golf MK2 GTI 16V Rally is breathtakingly recreated in rigid, lightweight polycarbonate.
- Separately molded plastic components capture light cases, bumper and side mirrors.
- The MF-01X chassis is at home on-road or on flat dirt, thanks to 4-wheel double wishbone suspension.
- Polycarbonate light cases are compatible with separately sold 5mm LEDs.
- Stickers are included to recreate body details.
- A host of Hop-Up Option parts are available to tune the MF-01X chassis.
- Comes with Tamiya Torque-Tuned motor.